Welcome right to the heart of Chalkida
Lucy Hotel is located at the coast of Chalkida, in the larger area of Euripus, and has been attracting distinguished guests for over half a century.
Politicians, royals, artists and other prominent personalities from Greece and abroad have been accommodated at the hotel, contributing to its unique reputation throughout the years.
Today, Lucy Hotel -completely renovated but maintaining its distinctive style- welcomes you back for a short break or a business trip. At the same time, high caliber conferences and social events are being hosted in the hotel’s new facilities. Read More
Feel the echo of history
Lucy Hotel first opened in 1955, fulfilling the vision of Michael Plataniotis to create a luxury hotel in Chalkida.
Plataniotis was born in the city of Lamia in 1890. As a young man he left for Africa in search of a better future, where he became a successful businessman.
Even though he did not originate from Chalkida, this city had been a landmark in his life. He therefore decided to inaugurate a hotel, according to European standards, able to accommodate the «high» society of the time, introducing a new era for the city. The hotel was named after his only daughter, Lucy.
Locate Our Hotel
All Major Airlines have links to Athens International Airport, but also there are four daily flights between Dubai and New York’s JFK airport.
Once you have arrived to Athens Airport we regularly arrange private transfers for groups of any size. Just make and inquiry HERE.
Although Evia is connected to the mainland by two bridges you can get many ferry connections to other islands and the mainland Read More
- From Kimi to the island of Skyros – 1 hour & 40 minutes, 12 € per passenger.
- From Kimi to the island of Alonisos – 2 hours & 15 minutes, 19 € per passenger.
- From Kimi to the island of Skopelos – 3 hours, 19 € per passenger.
- To N. Styra from Agia Marina. 30 minutes, 4,1 € per passenger
- To Eretria from Oropos. 25 minutes, 2 € per passenger
- To Marmari from Rafina. 45 minutes, 9 € per passenger
- To the spa city of Aidipsos from Arkitsa. 45 minutes, 3,7 € per passenger
- To Agiokampos from Glyfa. 25 minutes, 2,5 € per passenger
By Regional Buses:
The cheapest way to travel to Evia Island from the Airport is Regional Bus transport. All buses from Athens set down passengers at the Departures Level and depart from the Arrivals Level, between Exits 2 and 3, opposite the Airport Hotel (Sofitel). There you can catch the bus to Liosion Bus Station where you can get the connections to Evia Island ( www.ktelevias.gr). Read More
You can make a phone reservation for the line Athens-Chalkida and Vice versa. In this case you have to pickup your ticket 30 minutes prior to departure.
The bus to Liosion Bus Station from the Airport departs at the following hours (approx. 1 hour trip)
“00:40, 01:35, 02:25, 03:15, 04:15, 04:55, 05:25, 05:55, 06:20, 06:50, 07:15 , 07:45, 08:15, 08:40, 09:10, 09:40, 10:10, 10:40, 11:10, 11:35, 12:05, 12:35, 13:05, 13:35, 14:05, 14:35, 15:05, 15:35, 16:05, 16:40, 17:15, 17:50, 18:25, 18:55, 19:25, 19:55, 20:30, 21:10, 21:45, 22:25, 23:05, 23:50”
From Liosion Bus Station you will find the following main connections, with their according timetables.
- From Liosion Bus Station(Three Bridges) 260 Liosion Street to Chalkis (approx. 1 hour) +30 2221 0 20400:
“05.55 – 06.45 – 07.45 – 08.15 – 09.00 & every 30 minutes until 21.30 – 21.45 – & 22.30”
- From Liosion Bus Station(Three Bridges) 260 Liosion Street to Kymi (approx. 2,5 hours)
“05.55 – 08.15*** – 10.00, 12.30*** – 14.45 – 19.00”
*** you get the connecting coach from Chalkis
- From Liosion Bus Station(Three Bridges) 260 Liosion Street to the port of Mantoudi (approx. 2,5 hours ) You do need to book in advance at +322210 20400
- From Liosion Bus Station(Three Bridges) 260 Liosion Street to Aidipsos (approx. 2 hours & 1 hour with ferry – 3 hours total) You do need to book in advance at +302226 0 52284 :
“08:45 – 12:45 – 14:45”
- From Liosion Bus Station(Three Bridges) 260 Liosion Street to the port of Pefki (approx. 2,5 hours ) You do need to book in advance at +30 210 8317163
“06.45 – 14.45 – 16.45*” *Apart from Sunday
If you are traveling alone you can take the suburban railway and get off at Doukisis Plakentias stop. Take the blue metro line and get off at Syntagma,then take the red line and finally get off at St. Larisis. (aprox. 8 euro). Then you take the train to Chalkida (aprox 6 euro) where you can be served by local taxis or we can also arrange a private transfer or pickup. (www.trainose.gr)